Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Farmhouse Sink


When we first bought our house, the kitchen left a lot to be desired.  But something I was very excited about was the old farmhouse sink that was in great condition.


 I didn't fully appreciate the drainboards on each side until we installed our butcher block countertop.  Although the countertops have a sealer on them, I try not to let too much water get on them and this is where the drainboards come in handy.


When I wash dishes, I love to think of using the same sink that somebody else used years ago. 

8 comments:

  1. i have always wanted a sink like that! so beautiful. to often you see people just rip them out and throw them away. good to see you enjoying the uniqueness of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have farmhouse sink envy. I'm just saying.

    I'm appreciative of the fact that you love it...agreeing with hipchickshomestead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. I love a house with history, too. My husband and I bought an old, but remodeled, farmhouse a year ago. It inspires a desire to decorate. Your blog is so fun and sure to be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your farmhouse sink. When we lived in NC our neighbor had a lovely sink just like yours. So pretty and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the sink has built-in areas for drying dishes. You know when you have only five dishes and don't want to run the DW? How beautiful. It reminds me of my Grandma's sink too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a dish washer but I always end up washing the dishes by hand. Love to do it.

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign