Monday, February 27, 2012

A Sign of Spring


Yesterday was sunny and warm, so when my mom came over, I snuck out for a few minutes with the camera to take some pictures of these cheerful daffodils that were in bloom down the road.


I asked my husband to keep me company on my quick walk.  The only reason he agreed to this picture was because I said I needed to "test" the camera - smile. 


My mom told me recently she wanted to plant daffodil bulbs at their farm.  Amazingly enough, animals like deer and rodents don't care for the taste of these bright yellow flowers.


Daffodils grow in abundance here in the south.  They are easy to grow, come back every year, and bloom early - a sure sign that Spring is right around the corner. 

Have a wonderful week! 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder...would moles like daffodils? We moved out to a couple of acres,recently, and I wanted to plant daffodils last fall. We have a mole(s)reappearing in our yard and I was afraid it would eat my bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm certainly not an expert, but from the reading I've done, moles typically dislike daffodils and will avoid them. I say go for it!

      Delete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign