Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Roses


 We've started our morning out leisurely after getting back home last night, and before getting busy with things like laundry and painting, I thought I'd check in real quick to see how your Thanksgiving was.  Ours was wonderful... we just enjoyed two full days of family, food, and fun! 


A lot of my husband's family live out in the country in Alabama... a couple years ago my in-laws bought quite a bit of the acreage with a home after a relative moved away.  Now they usually spend every weekend out there and it's become our holiday gathering place.  When we arrived, I was shocked to see the rose hedge in the front of the house still in bloom. 


 So yesterday as we were all outside bundled up in the cold (the men were working on the tractors clearing out some brush while us girls were playing with the kids), I asked my mother-in-law if I could clip some of the roses to bring home. 


 Somehow the majority of the blossoms survived the ride home underneath Rosetta's feet and this morning as I walked into the kitchen, I was greeted with a beautiful, fragrant reminder of another wonderful Thanksgiving. 


I'm so anxious to hear how your Thanksgiving was... and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home okay! We girls are going out to lunch today and then im cooking lasagne for supper tonight. We miss you guys soooooo much! Kiss the girls for us. Love you tons and miss you more! ~Mom ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The roses are beautiful in your sparkling white kitchen.

    Andrea, your family is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roses are beautiful-I can't imagine them blooming in Nov! We are having lovely temps tho, around 65* here this week. That's crazy for here the end of Nov. We had a lovely Thanksgiving day, Kind of helps make a house into a home to host a big family dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your oldest has her daddy's smile for sure. Lovely roses!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- That rose hedge is awesome. Just glorious-especially this time of year. I am glad you brought some home with you. Your family portrait is just beautiful- xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful family photo! Our Thanksgiving was awesome. It seems the older I get, the more I appreciate our family all being together and having fun. And eating too!!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful roses and a beautiful family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the craziest thing but my knock out roses are blooming too. So glad you had a good holiday and what a perfect place to spend it. Mine was quiet. I made way too much food but I guess that's better than not having enough! Have a lovely Sunday...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. The roses are beautiful.

    What a wonderful photo of your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous roses Andrea!...I had few hanging in there this week on my bushes, but the 26 degree night last night finally did them in!...The roses look so fantastic in your kitchen...such a terrific pop of color! Have a wonderful week with your beautiful family....love the photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your thanksgiving was good ! Ours was filled with good food and family time !!! Have a great start to your week

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had a wonderful visit. I went to see my mom, had a wonderful time, and was thankful to be home. I love visiting her, but I love coming home too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My Thanksgiving was wonderful and so glad yours was too. I love your roses and that they survivied the ride home. Your blog always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what beautiful roses and what a blessing they were still blooming this late in the season! That is such an adorable family picture!

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign