Monday, February 20, 2012

Silhouette Frames

Has anybody else noticed these lovely frames in the background of a room in the Pottery Barn catalog?


My sister-in-law had a birthday coming up and I thought these would look great hanging in her library where she displays a sheet music wreath and a violin, so this picture provided the inspiration for this Silhouette Frame project.

SUPPLY LIST:


TUTORIAL:

1.  Begin by tracing your silhouette graphic with a pencil (press as hard as you can) onto the paper of your choice.  (For the silhouette I did a quick online search for my image, copied it into Word, resized and printed.)
2.  Cut out silhouette.


This is a  good time to get your kid-friendly scissors out so your toddler can work on her own cutting project (smile)...


3.  Trace your frame size onto a sheet of music paper and cut out.


4.  Adhere your silhouette to the sheet music paper with tape or glue.
5.  Assemble frame and you're finished.  Easy as can be!


I wanted to give my sister-in-law two frames that she could hang together, so I also did a butterfly and flower silhouette.


I can't wait to see how these look hanging in my brother and sister-in-law's library.  I think a matte with the frame (like Pottery Barn displayed their silhouettes) would also look really good... but it just didn't look right with this oval frame, so I opted to go without. 
 

I simply tied these together with a piece of twine to give to her.  Sweet and simple.

7 comments:

  1. I just love this idea. Hopefully I can do something so creative like your's. Hopefully she liked the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are awesome. I love the oval frames - I actually like them better than the Pottery Barn ones! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! I would love for you to stop by and link up at my linky party via: ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! I also love using sheet music so this is perfect for me! Found you via Funky Junk link party :)

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! They're beautiful and an awesome gift idea! Great job! :)
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign