Monday, July 16, 2012

A Summer Birthday


 Hi all!  Hope you had a nice weekend.  Yesterday we had a little birthday celebration for Rosetta, who just turned one!  We kept it simple by only having family and some good friends over and it was such a fun evening.  It felt like a summertime picnic. 


I was so happy to find these sunflowers at the grocery store.  Don't sunflowers just make you think of summer, sunshine and fun outdoors?  


I found these hanging tissue paper poms on clearance after the fourth of July.  


Our old table we keep on the front porch comes in handy for days like this - it's just perfect for drinks!


  I spent a few dollars on a handful of scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby to make a couple bunting banners and these medallions that I put in some tin buckets I already had.


We had picnic staples, like hamburgers, potato salad, chips and dips, watermelon, and sauteed veggies from the garden.  


My mom put these little signs together last minute with some craft labels, paper plates and skewers.  I thought they were so cute!


 This year I decided to forgo cake and instead I made hand pies with local peaches and blackberries.  Cake seemed a little heavy with the heat outside, so these paired with ice cream seemed right.  (However, I admit I was a little "pied" out after making 25 of them!  smile)


Here is our precious birthday girl. 

 

Opening some gifts...


 I so wish I had taken a picture of the two girls together... somehow with putting a meal on and visiting, I forgot.  ;-)   They are such sweet sisters. 


 I think a fun time was had by all!  Jillian was so happy to be with her cousins and friends.


Thanks for letting me share a little of our evening and pictures with you!

Sharing at Cowgirl Up
Savvy Southern Style 
Jennifer Rizzo

29 comments:

  1. How precious. Such a nice party. She looks so happy. Job well done. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little picnic! I love the red, white and blue theme. Your girls look so precious. My baby girl turns 7 next month and I'm thinking an outdoor garden party. Summer birthdays are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful party. I love the hand pies...perfect for a hot day. Those little girls are just darling. Happy birthday to your little sweetie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You planned such a sweet birthday party for your one year old! Those are very special times with family.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sweet fun! I love the simplicity of the party. It looks like it was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smile on the birthday girls face tells it all! All the kids look like they are having a great time and your decorations make it all feel so homey and happy. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWL!!!

    What a truly sweet post!

    I loved all your sweet countrified details- and the smiles on the children's faces...not to mention that awesome backyard grub, yummm oooooo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from my friend Anita's blog (Cedar Hill Ranch). I love the simplicity of your party, and the birthday girl seems to be loving it too. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wOWWWWWW! This was such a beautiful party!
    Fra

    ReplyDelete
  10. you made her first bday so special, andrea:) love the little table with the red pails and cute rosettes! both of your girls are adorable and the little pies looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a perfect day. Everything looks beautiful!
    ~betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't the smile on her face just say it all!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple and so adorable. Love Rosetta's little princess floral chair in the presents presentation picture. Is that new? So cute. The little ones at their tiny table look like they are having a good time. Cute little Rosetta. Such precious moments. Your pies are making me drool! I love seeing your posts. Happy 1st Birthday wishes to you, Little Rosetta!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday to beautiful little Rosetta!! That looked like a wonderful party. Those fruit pies look absolutely "D-licious"! You did a great job on the decorations, too. We had a birthday celebration over the weekend but it was much more low key than yours. My much older brother (heehee) turned 45 over the weekend and was here to celebrate with the family. We cooked some of his favorite foods and made his favorite birthday cake which is strawberry. We had fun being together and it looks like your sweet group had lots of fun, too. ---------------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think my favorite detail are the dirty little feet in the background of the picture in which Rosetta is opening a present :-) When my kids were little I used to say, "The more dirt, the more fun!" Actually, that's sometimes stlll true, even though they're now teens! Lovely party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So simple and sweet! I'm loving your blog!

    Newest follower,
    Missy @ http://gracefullittlehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such creative ideas for entertaining! Your girls are beautiful and I love white dresses for little ones! Every season when my daughter was little, I purchased her some sort of simple white dress! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A sweet wholesome spread that is simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great day i'm sure...beautiful pictures, makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely party for your Rosetta! Simple and fun. Enjoy every moment with your beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet little party! Those are some happy little girls...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy First Birthday, Rosetta! What a lovely party--the handmade decorations are so sweet and charming. And wow, those deep red tomatoes (and the rest of the food, for that matter) look absolutely delicious!

    Take care,
    Erin
    (also a July baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such cute girls, love the photo of the little ones at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very sweet looking party! The decorations are wonderful and the food sure does look yummy. Happy Birthday to Rosetta!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  25. your photos look like a shoot straight out of Country Living Magazine. I loved it! And she is so cute! Happy Birthday little one.

    ReplyDelete
  26. so sweet! Looks like it was a wonderful party:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So precious! I love that this is a simple, yet beautiful and appropriate party for a child. Some parties can be so over-done. I think my favorite thing are the fruit pies! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute, cute. How nice to enjoy the festivities outside. Too hot here.

    ReplyDelete

I always look forward to reading your comments... thank you for taking the time to leave one!

Copyright @ Keeping It Cozy. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign